Yellow Pepper Soup with Yogurt and Cucumbers
This soup is made with cucumbers and firm, zesty, locally grown yellow peppers. The yogurt adds a lovely tang to the soup. And for a bit of fun. Serve with seared Shishito peppers on the side.
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 190 Calories, 23 g. Carbohydrates, 10 g. Fat, 8 g. Protein
- 1 tsp. of fennel seeds, crushed
- 4-7 medium yellow sweet peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup of shallots
- 3/4 tsp. of ground cardamom
- 2 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 cups of chicken broth (or vegetable)
- 1 cup of water
- 2 Tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of cucumber, chopped
- 1 (8oz.) carton of low-fat yogurt
- Fennel seeds
- In medium-sized bowl, stir together yogurt and the 1 tsp. of fennel seeds. Cover and let stand for about 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, add oil in large-sized saucepan over medium heat and cook yellow peppers, shallots, and cardamom until peppers begin to soften, for about 15 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth, water, and vinegar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes, covered. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Put half of pepper mixture into blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Repeat by adding remaining pepper mixture. Return all to saucepan.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until heated thoroughly.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with yogurt mixture, cucumber, and remaining fennel seeds.
This soup is excellent and so ridiculously healthy. The roasted pepper yogurt on top made this soup rally zing. You can serve this light, bright-tasting soup hot or if you love the taste of fennel….
Chicken with Yellow Lentils Soup
Warm yourself up with a nice healthy Chicken with Yellow Lentils Soup. If you like smooth soup, you can pure the soup in a blender or food processor. …
Roasted Corn, Pepper, and Tomato Chowder
Nothing could be healthier than adding in all the right vegetables and herbs together turning it into a mouth-water delight. This soup is DELICIOUS, low calorie, and vegetarian….
Bell pepper or sweet pepper is the most popular of the chili peppers in the Capsicum annum family. It is a fruit pod of small perennial shrub in the nightshade …
Yogurt Almond Ice Cream
This almond ice cream that’s fun and easy to make. This is a low fat, tasty alternative to regular ice cream, and it tastes wonderful….
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories – Cucumber – Fennel Seed – Shallot – Simmer – Sweet pepper – Yogurt