Tuna Arrabbiata Pasta Gratin
This wholesome and filling pasta bake makes the perfect winter comfort food with none of the guilt. This simple healthy dish is great with a green salad and a bottle of red. It is also great heated up the next day too.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 365 Calories, 30 g. Protein, 54 g. Carbohydrates, 11 g. added Sugars, 9 g. Dietary Fiber, 5 g. Fat (1 g. sat), 0.75 g. Salt
- 1 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper , deseeded and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- Pinch crushed dried chillies
- 2 cans (400 grams or 14 ounces each) of chopped tomatoes
- 50 grams (1.7 ounces) of mixed pitted olives , whole or roughly chopped (optional)
- Pinch caster sugar
- 250 grams (8.8 ounces) of wholemeal pasta shapes
- 2 cans (200 grams or 7 ounces each) of tuna steak in spring water, drained and flaked
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons of grated Parmesan
- Heat oil in large-size saucepan and fry peppers until starting to caramelize, about 5 minutes,
- Add garlic and chillies, cook about 30 seconds.
- Tip in tomatoes and olives (if using).
- Season, add a pinch of sugar, bring to a boil, then simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to pack instructions and drain
- Heat the grill. Mix pasta and tomato sauce, along with tuna. Tip into large-size ovenproof dish.
- Mix breadcrumbs and Parmesan together and scatter over the top.
- Grill until topping is crisp and golden, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve with a green salad, if you like.
Make it veggie: Spicy pepper pasta gratin
Fry extra red and yellow pepper as before, and add extra 1 to 2 pinches chilli flakes to sauce. Stir in 1 Tablespoon of drained capers instead of tuna with pasta, and top with breadcrumbs mixed with 2 Tablespoons of grated Parmesan and 1 Tablespoons of pine nuts.
Source : BBCGoodFood
This minestrone pasta pot is tasty, filling and easy to make. Ready to serve in 35 minutes or less. …
If you want a warming meal, I really recommend trying this Super-veg Pasta out. It is a super healthy, flavorful and filling meal. …
Vegetarian Tomato Basil Pasta with Asiago Cheese
This is a quick pasta dish for vegetarians who don’t eat meat substitutes and don’t have a lot of time or vegetables on hand….
Hearty Pasta Soup
This filling soup is high in fiber, low in fat and full of vegetable. It is ready to serve in 30 minutes or less. serve with garlic bread for a great standy by dinner or lunch….
Inspired by the Italian dish spaghetti al tonno e pomodoro, this quick and healthy pasta became a staff favorite at EatingWell….
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories