Tomato-Basil Lasagna with Prosciutto
This light version is made with low-fat cottage cheese and fat-free cream cheese for just enough creaminess without all the heft. It is healthy and easy. The flavors is fresh and the red pepper gave it a nice kick. Make it a weeknight dinner or so ahead of time and keep it in the freezer until you are ready to serve.
(Make 9 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 272 Calories, 20.8 g. Protein, 33 g. Carbohydrates, 2.1 g. Dietary Fiber, 5.6 g. Fat (2.8 g. sat fat, 1.8 g. mono fat, 0.6 g. poly fat), 47 mg. Cholesterol, 2.3 mg. Iron, 775 mg. Sodium, 213 mg. Calcium
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 (16 oz.) carton of 1-percent low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup of block-style fat-free cream cheese (4 oz.)
- 1/4 cup of grated fresh Romano cheese, divided (1 oz.)
- 2 1/2 tsp. of dried basil (or fresh)
- 1/2 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 (26 oz.) bottle of fat-free tomato-basil pasta sauce
- Cooking spray
- 12 cooked lasagna noodles
- 1 cup of chopped prosciutto or ham (4 ounces)
- 1 cup of shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Drop garlic through food chute with food processor on, and process until minced.
- Add cottage cheese; process 2 mins or until smooth.
- Add cream cheese, 2 Tbsp. of Romano, basil, pepper, and egg, process until well-blended.
- Spread 1/2 cup of pasta sauce in the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 noodles over pasta sauce, top with 1 cup of cheese mixture, 1/3 cup of prosciutto, and 3/4 cup of pasta sauce. Repeat the layers two times, ending with noodles.
- Spread remaining pasta sauce over noodles. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. of Romano and mozzarella.
- Cover and bake for about 45 mins or until sauce is bubbly. Uncover and bake an additional 15 mins. Let lasagna stand 5 mins. Serve hot.
- Note: After assembling the lasagna, cover and freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw in refrigerator; bake as directed.
Source : CookingLight
This satisfying dish made with basic lasagna ingredients and skip the layering and long baking time to make a super-quick for a great weeknight meal with your family….
Vegetarian Tomato Basil Pasta with Asiago Cheese
This is a quick pasta dish for vegetarians who don’t eat meat substitutes and don’t have a lot of time or vegetables on hand….
Fresh Tomato, Sausage, and Pecorino Pasta
Although this simple pasta dish requires a bit of ingredients, it’s certainly worth. It was really tasty and not heavy at all. This basic pasta only took 40 minutes from start to table. …
Basil Chicken over Angel Hair Pasta
Cubed chicken breast is simmered in a peppery tomato-basil sauce and tossed with fine strands of angel hair pasta. …
Sun-dried Tomato and Walnut Penne Pasta
The sun dried tomatoes add a decadent and gourmet flavor to this pasta dish, but the preparation and ingredients are simple and easy….
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories – Pasta – Prosciutto – Red Pepper – Tomato