Strawberry and Rhubarb Muffins
If you are looking for wonderful Strawberry and Rhubarb Muffins, you must try these. The classic fruit combination makes these delicious muffins so moist, fruity and flavorful. You need about 4 large trimmed rhubarb stems for this recipe.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
(Make 12 serves)
Amount Per Muffin: 202 Calories, 34.2 g. Carbohydrates, 5.2 g. Dietary Fiber, 4.3 g. Fat, 0.8 g. Saturated Fat
- 4 oz. of strawberries, thinly sliced
- 3 cups of wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. of vanilla essence
- 2 oz. of low-fat dairy-free spread, melted
- 3/4 cup of no-fat soy milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups of finely chopped rhubarb
- 1/4 cup of apple sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 12-hole (about 1/3 cup) muffin pan. Reserve 12 slices of strawberry.
- In large-size bowl, combine flour, sugar and cinnamon. Add vanilla, spread, milk and eggs, mix to combine then gently stir in remaining strawberries, rhubarb and apple sauce.
- Divide mixture among holes of prepared pan; top each with a reserved strawberry slice.
- Bake in oven for 20 min. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories – Bake – Dash Diet – Diabetes Recipes – Fruit – Healthy Dessert Recipes – Healthy Snack Recipes – Low Fat Recipes