Spaghetti with Quick Meat Sauce
This easy spaghetti with meat sauce is perfect for a weeknight meal when there is not a lot of time. It’s ready in 30 minutes or less. Serve with steamed broccoli and garlic bread or garden salad. The recipe makes enough for 8 servings. If you’re serving only four for dinner, cook 8 ounces of spaghetti and freeze the leftover sauce.
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
(Make 8 serves)
Amount Per Serving (1 cup pasta and generous 3/4 cup sauce each): 384 Calories, 28 g. Protein, 52 g. Carbohydrates, 0 g. added Sugars, 10 g. Dietary Fiber, 9 g. Fat ( 3 g. sat , 3 g. mono ), 48 mg. Cholesterol, 416 mg. Sodium, 655 mg. Potassium
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (49% daily value), Zinc (34% dv), Iron (26% dv), Vitamin C (23% dv), Magnesium (21% dv), Potassium (19% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable, 2 lean meat
- 1 lb. of whole-wheat spaghetti
- 2 tsp. of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. of Italian seasoning
- 1 lb. of lean (90 percents or leaner) ground beef
- 1 can (28 oz.) of crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large-size skillet over medium heat. Cook onion, carrot and celery, stirring occasionally, about 5-8 min until onion is beginning to brown.
- Stir in garlic and Italian seasoning, cook about 30 sec until fragrant.
- Add beef and cook, stirring and breaking up with spoon, about 3-5 min until no longer pink.
- Increase heat to high. Stir in tomatoes and cook about 4-6 min until thickened.
- Stir in parsley and salt.
- Serve sauce over pasta, sprinkled with cheese.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Source : EatingWell
A daring dash of red pepper flakes gives off a spicy heat in this marvelous tomato garlic sauce with shrimp and scallops. Stir in a bit of parsley and serve over hot linguine. …
Strawberry Hotcakes with Blueberry Sauce
Light in texture, sweet and savory, these hotcakes make a filling and energy-sustaining healthy breakfast. These healthy hotcakes made from batter which encapsulates hulled strawberries…
Chinese Spicy Noodles
Prep time: 15 min, Cooking time: 30 min, 290 Calories, 9 g. Protein, 48 g. Carbohydrates, 4 g. Dietary Fiber, 10 g. Sugar, 8 g. Fat (0.5 g. Sat Fat), 0 mg. Cholesterol, 230 mg. Sodium …
Quick Chicken-Corn Chowder
If you are looking for a quick, warming dish that is low in calories look no further people. …
Seared Chicken with Apricot Sauce
This Seared Chicken with Apricot Sauce uses fresh apricots, white wine, apricot preserves and tarragon combine in a quick sauce that’s delicious on chicken. …
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories – Stir Fry