Slightly Indulgent Tuesday; 7/26/11
Welcome to Slightly Indulgent Tuesday – fabulous food made healthier! You’ll find gluten-free, refined sugar-free, allergy-friendly, dairy-free, egg-free, vegan recipes and more.
A Must-See Recipe on The Daily Dish
My Black Bean & Sweet Potato Tacos with Carrot-Jicama Slaw are being featured on The Daily Dish, part of Better Recipes with Kristina Vanni – it’s one of the quick and simple dinner recipes from my book. Stop by and get the recipe. You’re family will this one!
Kristina is also looking for other bloggers to
work with on The Daily Dish. Check out the bottom of this post for all the details.
Last Week’s Healthier Highlights
First – this recipe idea was too cute and perfect for kids:
Her recipe calls for an angel food cake, so use this recipe for a delicious gluten-
free, refined sugar-free version. You can make refined sugar-free whipped cream with heavy cream and steiva. For a dairy-free version, try this Raw Cashew Cream.
Finally, this is one of my favorite cake recipes from my book:
Joe loves this dessert. He calls is a ‘pake’ – a cross between a gooey chocolate pie and a cake. (Don’t tell him I said that…)
NEW GUIDELINES: PLEASE READ!
- Please link back to this post NOT A STATIC “BLOG PARTY PAGE” so that your readers can find the recipes here.
- Link to your individual post, NOT your home
- Recipes DO NOT have to be sugar-free or gluten-free – just healthier in some way. The idea is to share our ideas and inspire each other in the kitchen.
- Please don’t link give-aways and book reviews without recipes or contests – the intent of this event is to compile recipes that give people options.
- (Optional) When you link, please tell us who you are and what you’re cooking. For example, I might enter: CrockPot Applesauce (Amy @ Simply Sugar & Gluten Free)