Seared Steak with Chard Salad
This simple salad is made with sautéed Swiss chard and homemade croutons with a garlicky tomato and anchovy dressing. A few slices of juicy grilled steak are the perfect on the side. This Seared Steak with Chard Salad is great for entertaining or even an easy weeknight dinner.
Total time: 35 minutes
(Make 4 servings)
Amount Per Serving: 484 Calories, 44 g. Protein, 18 g. Carbohydrates, 3 g. Dietary Fiber, 26 g. fat (8 g. sat), 88 mg. Cholesterol, 1,304 mg. Sodium
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, stems removed, leaves thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups of large crusty bread cubes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3-4 anchovies
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes, halved
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 lb. of boneless beef sirloin steak
- 1 tsp. of dried mint
- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- Put chard in large-sized bowl.
- Heat large-sized skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tbsp. of oil, bread cubes and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 4-5 minutes, tossing, until toasted. Add to chard.
- Add anchovies to skillet, mashing them with whisk.
- Add garlic and 2 Tbsp. of oil and cook for about 45 seconds, until garlic is golden.
- Add tomatoes and warm slightly, then whisk in lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour warm dressing over chard, toss and set aside to wilt.
- Sprinkle steak on both sides with mint, salt and pepper to taste.
- Wipe out skillet and place over high heat. Add remaining 1 Tbsp. of oil to skillet.
- Sear steak until browned on bottom, about 5 minutes. Turn and cook until browned on other side, about 3-4 more minutes for medium-rare.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let rest about 5 minutes.
- Add feta to chard salad and toss.
- Thinly slice steak and serve with chard salad.
- Note: If you’re feeding a crowd and looking to keep costs down, try an inexpensive cut of meat like flank or skirt steak.
Source : Food Network
This Swiss Chard and Rice Soup is an easy way to reduce your total calorie and fat intake. It is filling and light. This simple soup that is perfect for spring/early summer…
Sauteed Chard with Red Onions
This simple dish is made with 5 ingredients. Serve as a side dish with grilled chicken or brown rice….
Tuna Steak Sandwiches
Tuna is a good source of low-fat protein and provides many vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B-12, selenium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus and niacin, is a wonderful way to excite the palate…
Seared Chicken with Apricot Sauce
This Seared Chicken with Apricot Sauce uses fresh apricots, white wine, apricot preserves and tarragon combine in a quick sauce that’s delicious on chicken. …
Roasted Asparagus and Tomato Penne Salad with Goat Cheese
The roasted asparagus and the caramelized tomatoes are splendid combined with the honey laced dressing that the penne pasta is tossed with….
Recipe Under : 400 Up Calories – Anchovies – Swiss chard – Tomato