Cut up your vegetables and your chicken sausage, season and put them on a stick, then throw them on a grill. This is a super simple recipe. It comes together beautifully and healthy. It is also low in calorie and weight friendly. The couscous gives such a refreshing yummy flavor that goes great with the skewers. Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner.
Total time: 45 minutes
(Make 4 servings)
Amount Per Serving: 396 Calories, 24 g. Protein, 45 g. Carbohydrates, 5 g. Dietary Fiber, 13 g. fat (2 g. sat), 56 mg. Cholesterol, 356 mg. Sodium
- 1 cup of couscous
- 2 bell peppers (red and yellow), cut into chunks
- 1 package (12 oz.) chicken sausage (preferably garlic-flavored), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro
- 4 scallions, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. of white wine vinegar
- Soak eight 8-inch skewers in water, at least 15 mins. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high.
- Prepare couscous as the label directs.
- Meanwhile, in medium-sized bowl, toss bell peppers, sausage, onion and tomatoes with 1 Tbsp. of oil, season with salt and pepper. Thread onto skewers, alternating sausage and vegetables.
- Grill, turning, for about 6-7 mins, until vegetables are slightly softened and sausage begins to brown.
- Meanwhile, in blender or food processor, puree parsley, cilantro and scallions with remaining 2 Tbsp. of oil, vinegar and 2 Tbsp. of water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush skewers with some of pesto and continue to cook for about 6-7 more mins, turning, until tomatoes are tender and sausage is charred.
- Toss couscous with half of remaining pesto and season with salt and pepper. Serve with skewers and remaining pesto, for dipping.
Source : Food Network
No related recipes.
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories – Bell pepper – Cilantro – Couscous – Onion – Sausage – Scallion – Tomato
Incoming search terms:
- sausage pepper skewers