Roasted Chicken and Bow Tie Pasta Salad
This simple dish is made with tender chicken, chewy pasta, juicy grapes, crunchy celery, green onions, and parsley in a zesty orange dressing. Rotessarie chicken from the deli will help cut down on the preperation time in this recipe. You can use leftover chicken, or deli ham or turkey instead of the store-bought rotisserie bird if you prefer. Serve this pasta salad for dinner tonight, and then pack the leftovers for workday lunch tomorrow.
(Make 6 serves)
Amount Per Serving (1 2/3 cups): 363 Calories, 18.5 g. Protein, 42 g. Carbohydrates, 3.1 g. Dietary Fiber, 14.4 g. Fat (2.4 g. sat fat, 5.5 g. mono fat, 4.8 g. poly fat), 33 mg. Cholesterol, 2.2 mg. Iron, 553 mg. Sodium, 45 mg. Calcium
- 3 cups of uncooked farfalle (bow tie pasta) (about 8 oz.)
- 1/3 cup of fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. of stone-ground mustard
- 2 tsp. of sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. of rice vinegar
- 2 cups of shredded cooked chicken breast (about 2 breasts)
- 1 1/2 cups of seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cup of thin diagonally cut celery
- 1/3 cup of finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup of coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3 Tbsp. of chopped fresh chives
- 2 Tbsp. of chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat, drain. Cool completely.
- In large-sized bowl, combine orange juice, lemon juice, oil, mustard, sugar, salt, black pepper and vinegar, stirring with a whisk to combine.
- Add pasta, chicken, grapes, celery, red onion, walnuts, chives, and parsley, toss gently to combine. Serve at room temperature or cold.
Source : CookingLight
This Pesto Pasta with Chicken is easy to make and delicious pasta with chicken, sun-dried tomatoes and pesto sauce. Use as little pesto sauce as you like. Serve with crusty bread and salad….
Basil Chicken over Angel Hair Pasta
Cubed chicken breast is simmered in a peppery tomato-basil sauce and tossed with fine strands of angel hair pasta. …
Greek Chicken Pasta
For a great weeknight dinner that takes just minutes to make, simply saute garlic, onion and tender strips of chicken. Add artichoke hearts, tomato, feta cheese, parsley, lemon juice and oregano…
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
This zesty Cajun-style pasta is a pretty easy to make and versatile. The peppers and onions add a soft crunch to the pasta. You can serve quick-dish in 30 minutes or less….
Chicken Pea and Pasta Broth
This healthy dish is very quick and effortless but looks and tastes quite impressive. Served with french bread for a perfect meal….
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories – Celery – Grape – Onion – Pasta – Walnut