Post-Easter Deviled Eggs with Hummus
Most holiday feasts leave us with a full fridge of leftovers for the week, and at Easter time that often means an endless supply of hard-boiled eggs. Underneath that multi-colored shell is a perfectly good egg, so don’t let it go to waste! For a quick and easy snack, try this recipe from fitsugar- a healthy twist on the classic deviled egg! By replacing the mayo-yolk mixture with hummus, you can cut the unhealthy fat and keep the protein. The almonds provide healthy fats to help lower cholesterol, plus they add a nice decorative touch. Serve the eggs with a salad for an easy weeknight dinner, or keep them on hand for a healthy snack on the go.
Healthy Recipe for Deviled Eggs
- 1 dozen hard-boiled eggs
- 1 16 oz. container of hummus (any flavor)
- A few pinches of paprika
- A handful of slivered almonds
- Cut the eggs in halves (length-wise) and remove the yolk.
- Fill the hole where the yolk was in each half with a scoop of hummus.
- Top with a few raw, slivered almonds and a pinch of paprika.
- Serve and eat!