Pepper-Jack Chicken with Succotash
This simple dish was made with colorful succotash to go along with spicy chicken, stuffed with spicy pepper-Jack cheese and fresh arugula. It only took about 40 minutes to make. It was not only looked beautiful, but tasted great. The mixture in the chicken and the vegetables were so incredibly good.
Total time: 40 minutes
(Make 4 servings)
Amount Per Serving: 462 Calories, 48 g. Protein, 30 g. Carbohydrates, 7 g. Dietary Fiber, 16 g. fat (6 g. sat), 120 mg. Cholesterol, 1,018 mg. Sodium
- 4 oz. of pepper-jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups of baby arugula, roughly chopped (or baby spinach)
- 2 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 12 oz. each)
- 1 Tbsp. of olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 to 2 Tbsp. of Cajun spice blend
- Vegetable oil, for the grill
- 1 cup of frozen lima beans, thawed
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, diced
- 2 cups of corn kernels
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes, halved
- Juice of 1 lime
- In medium-sized bowl, combine cheese and arugula.
- Cut a deep 2-inch-wide pocket in thickest part of each chicken breast with paring knife. Stuff with arugula mixture. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and Cajun spice blend.
- Preheat a grill to high and brush grates with vegetable oil.
- Grill chicken for about 8-10 mins per side, until blackened and a thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 155 degrees F. Transfer to cutting board.
- Meanwhile chicken is cooking, heat 1 Tbsp. of olive oil in skillet over high heat. Add lima beans, squash and corn, season with salt and cook for about 2-3 mins, until squash is just tender.
- Add tomatoes and cook for about 2 more mins. Remove from heat. stir in lime juice.
- Slice chicken and serve with the succotash.
Source : Food Network
No related recipes.
Recipe Under : 400 Up Calories – Arugula – Grilling – Lemon – Lima Bean – Squash – Tomato