Pear Oatmeal Cake
Start your day off right with this healthy diabetic friendly cake. It made with wholemeal, oats, and pears for a moist flavorful cake with terrific texture.
Prep time: 15 minutes (Plus standing time)
Cook time: 1 hour
(Make 16 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 170 Calories, 30 g. Carbohydrates, 2.6 g. Dietary Fiber, 4.5 g. Fat, 0.8 g. Saturated Fat
- 2 cans (13.5 oz. each) of pear halves in syrup
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of dairy-low-fat spread
- 1/2 tsp. of vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of white self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup of wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp. of bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp. of ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease and line sides of deep 9-inch-square cake pan.
- Drain pears over small-size saucepan. Heat syrup with oats, remove from heat, let stand about 20 min.
- Meanwhile, in small-size bowl, beat spread, vanilla and sugar with electric mixer until combined. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined.
- Add oat mixture and combined sifted remaining ingredients, stir until well combine. Pour mixture into prepared pan, place pears on top, cut-side down.
- Bake, uncovered, in oven for 55 min. serve warm.
Source : Women’s Weekly
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories – Bake – Dash Diet – Diabetes Recipes – Fruit – Healthy Breakfast Recipes – Healthy Dessert Recipes – Healthy Recipes – Healthy Snack Recipes – Low Fat Recipes – Rice and Grains