Peanut Noodles with Shredded Chicken and Vegetables
This budget-friendly is so quick, easy to make and great way to use leftover chicken. This is also fine without and meat at all. If you can’t find a bagged vegetable medley for this healthy bowl, choose 12 ounces of cut vegetables from your market’s salad bar and create your own mix. You can serve with extra chili sauce on the side for those who want an extra kick of heat.
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
(Make 6 serves)
Amount Per Serving (1 1/2 cups each): 363 Calories, 29 g. Protein, 36 g. Carbohydrates, 0 g added sugars, 7 g. Dietary Fiber, 12 g. fat ( 2 g. sat , 0 g. mono ), 44 mg. Cholesterol, 348 mg. Sodium, 287 mg. Potassium
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (58% daily value), Fiber (27% dv), Vitamin C (25% dv), Magnesium (19% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable, 3 lean meat
- 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of smooth natural peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. of reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. of minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp. of chile-garlic sauce, or to taste (see Ingredient note)
- 1 tsp. of minced fresh ginger
- 8 oz. of whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 bag (12 oz.) fresh vegetable medley, such as carrots, broccoli, snow peas
- Put a large-size pot of water on to boil for cooking pasta.
- Meanwhile, place chicken in skillet or saucepan and add enough water to cover, bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer gently about 10-12 min, until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle. Transfer chicken to cutting board. When cool enough to handle, shred into bite-size strips.
- In large-size bowl, whisk peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic, chile-garlic sauce and ginger.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until not quite tender, about 1 min less than specified in package directions.
- Add vegetables and cook until pasta and vegetables are just tender, about 1 min more. Drain, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid. Rinse pasta and vegetables with cool water to refresh.
- Stir reserved cooking liquid into peanut sauce, add pasta, vegetables and chicken, toss well to coat. Serve warm or chilled.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. To serve, stir in 2 tablespoons warm water per portion; serve cold or reheat in microwave.
- Ingredient Note: Chile-garlic sauce (or chili-garlic sauce, or paste) is a blend of ground chiles, garlic and vinegar and is commonly used to add heat and flavor to Asian soups, sauces and stir-fries. It can be found in the Asian section of large supermarkets and keeps up to 1 year in the refrigerator.
Source : EatingWell
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes 369 Calories, 52.5 g. Carbohydrates, 6.8 g. Dietary Fiber, 9.9 g. Fat, 2.1 g. Saturated Fat …
Pesto Pasta with Chicken
This Pesto Pasta with Chicken is easy to make and delicious pasta with chicken, sun-dried tomatoes and pesto sauce. Use as little pesto sauce as you like. Serve with crusty bread and salad….
Basil Chicken over Angel Hair Pasta
Cubed chicken breast is simmered in a peppery tomato-basil sauce and tossed with fine strands of angel hair pasta. …
Chinese Spicy Noodles
Prep time: 15 min, Cooking time: 30 min, 290 Calories, 9 g. Protein, 48 g. Carbohydrates, 4 g. Dietary Fiber, 10 g. Sugar, 8 g. Fat (0.5 g. Sat Fat), 0 mg. Cholesterol, 230 mg. Sodium …
Greek Chicken Pasta
For a great weeknight dinner that takes just minutes to make, simply saute garlic, onion and tender strips of chicken. Add artichoke hearts, tomato, feta cheese, parsley, lemon juice and oregano…
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories – Pasta – Stir Fry