This is delicious omelette is easy to make and great flavor with some grated cheddar cheese on top. You can omit the bacon for vegetarian dish. Served for a family breakfast with ketchup, toast, tea and orange juice. Leftovers can be packed up and eaten cold for a school lunchbox or picnic.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
(Make 6 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 290 Calories, 17 g. Protein, 7 g. Carbohydrates, 1 g. Dietary Fiber, 22 g. Fat, 8 g. Saturated Fat, 2 g. Sugar, 1.05 g. Salt
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 7 ounces of new potatoes (about 200 grams), thickly sliced
- 4 rashers smoked bacon.
- 2 Tablespoons of sunflower oil , plus 1 teaspoon
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of English mustard (ready-made rather than powder)
- 3 ounces of mature cheddar (about 85 grams), grated
- 2 tomatoes
- Boil sliced potatoes in pan of lightly salted water about 10 min, until just tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile snip bacon into pieces with scissors. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in frying, then add bacon and stir-fry until it turns pink. Add spring onions, stir briefly for a couple of seconds to slightly soften, then tip bacon and onion into a bowl. Wash and dry frying pan.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs with mustard and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add half of cheese to egg mixture with cooked bacon, onions and potatoes. Gently stir to mix everything.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. of oil in frying pan, Hold your hand an inch or two above the pan, and when it feels hot, pour in mixture, then stir a couple of times as it sets on the base of pan to start it cooking.
- Turn on the grill so it has time to heat up. Leave omelette to cook, undisturbed, over a low heat about 6 min.
- Meanwhile, cut tomatoes into wedges, scatter over omelette and sprinkle with cheese.
- When omelette seems set on the base, but is still a little eggy on top, put frying pan under the grill to cook the last of egg mixture and melt cheese. Cool about 5 min, then turn out of pan. Cut into wedges and serve.
- TRY: To give this omelette a more elegant twist, omit the bacon and tomatoes, and stir 3 slices smoked salmon, cut into thin slices, and 1 tbsp chopped dill in with the eggs in step 4. Continue to cook as before and serve cut into wedges.
A quick and healthy breakfast. This Greek salad omelette is a hearty vegetarian meal that perfect for supper or breakfast. It turned out really well, a great and nutritious meal. …
Egg White Omelette
This Egg white omelette is delicious, light and filling. It is also low in saturated fat, gluten free and high in quality protein. …
Egg-White Omelette with Spinach, Tomato and Cheddar
This is a dieter’s dream omelette that minus the fat and cholesterol but delicious like made from whole eggs. Eggs and spinach seem to be a match made in heaven…
Mushroom and Herb Omelet
ou can get fancy and use wild mushrooms, but it’s much more economical and equally satisfying to make them with cultivated creminis or white button mushrooms….
Southwestern Potato and Celery Omelet
This spicy omelet is much lighter than traditional cheese-packed Southwestern omelets. You don’t need much oil to pan-fry this small amount of finely diced potato….
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories – Dash Diet – Egg – Healthy Breakfast Recipes – Healthy Dinner Recipes – Healthy Recipes – Lunch – Main Dishes – Stir Fry – Vegetable