No-Bake Macaroni and Cheese
Nothing can beat this ultra-creamy classic version of mac-and-cheese as it makes a quick and healthy dinner for your family over the years. This dish is packed with fiber and high nutritional value. It is also a great way to help get kids to eat more vegetables. You can also substitute a frozen vegetable of your choice. Serve with Toasted whole-wheat breadcrumbs for perfect meal.
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving (1 1/4 cups each): 412 Calories, 22 g. Protein, 56 g. Carbohydrates, 7 g. Dietary Fiber, 13 g. fat ( 7 g. sat , 1 g. mono ), 37 mg. cholesterol, 408 mg. sodium, 236 mg. Potassium
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (70% daily value), Calcium (40% dv), Vitamin A (25% dv), Magnesium (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 reduced-fat milk, 1 high-fat meat
- 2 cups (8 oz.) of whole-wheat elbow noodles
- 1 package (10 oz.) of frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 3/4 cups of low-fat milk, divided
- 3 Tbsp. of flour
- 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 tsp. of ground white pepper
- 3/4 cup of shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. of Dijon mustard
- Bring large-size pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook about 4 min. Add frozen broccoli and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, about 4-5 min, until pasta and broccoli are just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 1/2 cups of milk in another large-size pot over medium-high heat until just simmering.
- In small-size bowl, whisk remaining 1/4 cup of milk, flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper until combined.
- Add flour mixture to simmering milk, return to simmer and cook, whisking constantly, about 2-3 min, until mixture is thickened.
- Remove from heat and whisk in Cheddar, Parmesan and mustard until cheese is melted.
- Drain pasta and broccoli and add to cheese sauce. Return to heat and cook, stirring, over medium-low heat, about 1 min, until heated through.
Source : EatingWell
This recipe is a good source of calcium, which keeps bones and teeth strong….
Vegetarian Tomato Basil Pasta with Asiago Cheese
This is a quick pasta dish for vegetarians who don’t eat meat substitutes and don’t have a lot of time or vegetables on hand….
Chili Cheese Hominy
180 Calories, 9 g. Protein, 25 g. Carbohydrates, 3 g. Dietary Fiber, 3 g. Sugar, 7 g. Fat (4.5 g. Sat Fat), 20 mg. Cholesterol, 740 mg. Sodium …
Canadian Cheese Soup with Pumpernickel Croutons
This rich and healthy soup will be a winner with everyone at the table. Always trying to sneak a few veggies into kid-friendly meals? If so, this recipe will be your next go-to. …
Fudgy Cream Cheese Brownies
These moist brownies keep sugar in check by using a blend of sugar and calorie-free sweetener, plus a hint of vanilla. You’ll get the same fudgy flavor with one-third the fat….
Recipe Under : 400 Up Calories – Dash Diet – Healthy Dinner Recipes – Healthy Recipes – High Fiber – Low Fat Recipes – Lunch – Main Dishes – Vegetable