This satisfying dish made with basic lasagna ingredients, ricotta cheese, pasta and tomatoes, and skip the layering and long baking time to make a super-quick for a great weeknight meal with your family. This is also healthyish and good-for-everyone. You can use pre-sliced mushrooms to cut prep time. Browned some crumbled turkey sausage along with the onions and garlic is perfect for meat lovers. Serve with steamed broccoli and whole-grain baguette.
Active Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving (about 1 1/2 cups each): 364 Calories, 16 g. Protein, 55 g. Carbohydrates, 0 g added sugars, 7 g. Dietary Fiber, 9 g. fat ( 3 g. sat , 4 g. mono ), 14 mg. Cholesterol, 588 mg. Sodium, 786 mg. Potassium
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (90% daily value), Vitamin C (50% dv), Folate (25% dv), Potassium (22% dv), Calcium (21% dv), Iron (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 vegetables, 1 lean meat, 1 fat
- 8 oz. of whole-wheat rotini or fusilli
- 1 Tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 8 oz. of sliced white mushrooms (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 tsp. of freshly ground pepper
- 1 can (14 oz.) of diced tomatoes with Italian herbs
- 8 cups of baby spinach
- 1/2 tsp. of crushed red pepper (optional)
- 3/4 cup of part-skim ricotta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and transfer to large-size bowl.
- Meanwhile, in large-size non-stick skillet over medium heat, heat oil, add onion and garlic, cook, stirring, about 3 min, until soft and beginning to brown.
- Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, about 4-6 min, until mushrooms release their liquid.
- Add tomatoes, spinach and crushed red pepper (if using). Increase heat to medium-high, cook, stirring once halfway through, about 4 min, until spinach is wilted.
- Toss sauce with pasta and divide among 4 bowls. Dollop each serving with 3 Tbsp. of ricotta.
Source : EatingWell
This Creamy Fettuccine with Brussels Sprouts and Mushrooms is a creamy, rich and filling dish for everyone. This dish is also quick and easy to throw together for a weeknight dinner….
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories – Pasta