Hoisin Beef and Edamame Noodles
Sweet hoisin sauce and tangy lime juice balance perfectly in this quick, colorful, Asian-inspired noodle dish. Make it a meal. Dress a cucumber salad with toasted sesame oil and lime juice and enjoy a cup of jasmine green tea.
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving (about 2 cups each): 427 Calories, 29 g. Protein, 60 g. Carbohydrates, 5 g. Dietary Fiber, 9 g. fat ( 2 g. sat , 2 g. mono ), 19 mg. cholesterol, 757 mg. sodium, 443 mg. Potassium
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (110% daily value), Vitamin A (30% dv), Iron (25% dv), Zinc (20% dv), Magnesium (19% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 3 1/2
Exchanges: 3 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 lean meat
- 8 oz. of soba noodles or whole-wheat spaghetti
- 3 Tbsp. of lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. of hoisin sauce, (can be found in Asian section of most large supermarkets or Asian markets)
- 1-2 tsp. of chile-garlic sauce, (can be found in Asian section of most large supermarkets or Asian markets)
- 1 tsp. of cornstarch
- 2 tsp. of toasted sesame oil
- 8 oz. of flank steak, trimmed of fat, thinly sliced (Freezing about 20 min will make it easier to thinly slice.)
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 package (10 oz.) of frozen shelled edamame, (about 2 cups), thawed
- 1 Tbsp. of minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook soba noodles (or spaghetti) according to package directions and drain.
- Meanwhile, in small-size bowl, whisk lime juice, hoisin sauce and chile-garlic sauce to taste with cornstarch.
- Heat oil in large-size skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook, stirring occasionally, about 2 min, until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate using tongs.
- Add bell pepper to juices in the pan and cook, stirring, about 1 min.
- Add edamame and cook until heated through, about 2 min.
- Add ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir sauce mixture and add to pan along with beef and any accumulated juices.
- Cook, stirring, until sauce is thickened, about 1 min. Remove from heat.
- Add noodles, toss to coat. Top with cilantro.
Source : EatingWell
No related recipes.
Recipe Under : 400 Up Calories – Stir Fry