Hearty Pasta Soup
This filling soup is high in fiber, low in fat and full of vegetable. It is ready to serve in 30 minutes or less. You can serve with garlic bread for a great standy by dinner or lunch.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 286 Calories, 11 g. Protein, 44 g. Carbohydrates, 11 g. added Sugars, 6 g. Dietary Fiber, 9 g. Fat (3 g. sat), 0.88 g. Salt
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups of vegetable stock (1 Liter or 1 quart)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes (14 ounces)
- 200g frozen mixed peas and beans (7 ounces)
- 250g pack fresh filled tortellini (8.8 ounces, we used spinach and ricotta)
- Handful of basil leaves (optional)
- Grated parmesan , to serve
- Heat oil in a pan. Add carrots and onion, cook about 5 minutes until starting to soften.
- Add stock and tomatoes, then simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add peas and beans with 5 minutes to go.
- Once vegetable is tender, stir in pasta. Return to boil and simmer about 2 minutes until pasta is just cooked.
- Stir in basil, if using. Season,
- Serve in bowls topped with a sprinkling of Parmesan and slices of garlic bread.
Make it a bake
Ricotta and basil bake: Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Tip pasta into a baking dish, season tomatoes, stir in basil, then spoon on top. In a bowl, combine peas and beans, 250g tub ricotta and a handful grated Parmesan. Dot the mix over pasta, scatter with more Parmesan, then bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden.
Source : BBCGoodFood
This is a quick pasta dish for vegetarians who don’t eat meat substitutes and don’t have a lot of time or vegetables on hand….
Basil Chicken over Angel Hair Pasta
Cubed chicken breast is simmered in a peppery tomato-basil sauce and tossed with fine strands of angel hair pasta. …
Minestrone is an Italian soup that usually contains vegetables, pasta and peas or beans. This version uses unsalted chicken broth and fresh tomatoes rather than canned tomatoes …
Sun-dried Tomato and Walnut Penne Pasta
The sun dried tomatoes add a decadent and gourmet flavor to this pasta dish, but the preparation and ingredients are simple and easy….
Cheesy Beef Pasta
Two cheeses blend with the ground beef and tomatoes for a pasta entree that’s rich and flavorful. It’s a great, cheap and easy to make, perfect for college students who need to save some cash….
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories – Simmer