Grilled Chicken with Barley Pilaf
A salad of fresh baby spinach leaves drizzled with lemon juice goes well with this recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time:55 minutes
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 412 Calories, 34.2 g. Carbohydrates, 7.7 g. Dietary Fiber, 11.3 g. Fat, 3.4 g. Saturated Fat
- 1 cup of pearl barley
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1/2 lb. of cherry tomatoes
- 5 oz. of yellow teardrop tomatoes
- 4 single chicken breast fillets (about 1.5 oz.)
- 1/2 tsp. of coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. of Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In medium-size saucepan over low heat, cook barley with water and stock, uncovered, until most of the liquid is absorbed (about 50 min), stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, roast tomatoes in oven on baking-paper-lined oven tray, uncovered, until just browned and softened (about 20 min).
- Cook chicken on heated lightly oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) until browned both sides and cooked through.
- Stir tomatoes, pepper, basil and onion gently into barley. Serve chicken, dolloped with mustard, with pilaf.
- Tips : If tomatoes are too large, halve before roasting.
Source : Women’s Weekly
Recipe Under : 400 Up Calories – Chicken – Dash Diet – Diabetes Recipes – Grilling – Healthy Dinner Recipes – Healthy Recipes – Low Fat Recipes – Main Dishes