Green Minestrone Soup
This BIG soup is a delicious, healthy, low fat soup, with the vitamins and iron from the vegetable. Spinach, chard and celery – this soup is a veritable sea of greens. Pasta and Parmesan give it substance. You can serve over rice noodles – instead of pasta.
(Make 6 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 443 Calories, 48 g. Carbohydrates, 17 g. Fat, 31 g. Protein
- 2 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz. of thick cut nitrate/nitrate-free prosciutto, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery with leaves, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can of cannellini beans (or other white bean)
- 1 can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups of chicken broth (or vegetable)
- 1 cup of mini penne pasta (or wheat-free pasta of your choice)
- 1/2 lb. of green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 oz. of chard, coarsely chopped
- 5 oz. of spinach, stems removed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan or Romano cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil (or parsley)
- Heat oil in large-sized pot over medium high heat. Sauté prosciutto about 2 mins,
- Add onions, celery, garlic, zucchini and bay leaf into the pot. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Sauté about 5 mins, stirring frequently.
- Add white beans, garbanzo beans and chicken broth to the pot. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and green beans, cook until pasta is al dente, about 8 mins.
- Stir in spinach and chard to wilt, about 1 min.
- Stir in cheese and serve in soup bowls. Top each serving with basil or parsley. Serve.
Minestrone is an Italian soup that usually contains vegetables, pasta and peas or beans. This version uses unsalted chicken broth and fresh tomatoes rather than canned tomatoes …
Chicken with Yellow Lentils Soup
Warm yourself up with a nice healthy Chicken with Yellow Lentils Soup. If you like smooth soup, you can pure the soup in a blender or food processor. …
Spicy Miso Kale Soup
This nourishing soup is a perfect for keeping your warm on a cold winter’s day and the bonus is that it’s good for your immune systems and help restore balance to your liver. …
Minestrone Pasta Pot
This minestrone pasta pot is tasty, filling and easy to make. Ready to serve in 35 minutes or less. …
Tuscan Bean and Kale Soup
This weeknight wonder is packed with vegetable and beans. Serve over wild rice. This dish tastes too good toe be healthy….
Recipe Under : 400 Up Calories – Cannellini Bean – Celery – Chard – Garbanzo Bean – Green Bean – Onion – Pasta – Simmer – Spinach – Zucchini