Greek Salad Omelette
A quick and healthy breakfast. This Greek salad omelette is a hearty vegetarian meal that perfect for supper or breakfast. It turned out really well, a great and nutritious meal. It is also great for using up leftover vegetables.
Cook time: 20 minutes
(Make 4-6 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 371 Calories, 24 g. Protein, 5 g. Carbohydrates, 1 g. Dietary Fiber, 28 g. Fat, 9 g. Saturated Fat, 2 g. Salt
- 10 eggs
- Handful of parsley leaves, chopped (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 large red onion, cut into small wedges
- 3 tomatoes, chopped into large chunks
- Large handful black olives , (pitted are easier to eat)
- 100 grams (about 3.5 ounces) of feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat the grill to high. In large-size bowl, whisk eggs with parsley, pepper and salt, if you want.
- Heat oil in large-size non-stick frying pan over high heat, fry onion about 4 min. until they start to brown around the edges. Throw in tomatoes and olives and cook about 1 to 2 min. until tomatoes are softened.
- Reduce heat to medium and pour in eggs. Cook eggs in pan, stirring them as they begin to set, until half cooked, but still runny in places, about 2 min.
- Scatter over feta, then place pan under the grill about 5 to 6 min until omelette is puffed up and golden. Cut into wedges and serve straight from pan.
- TRY For a non-vegetarian version why not ripple over slices of ham or bacon before scattering over the feta, then grill until crispy.
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories – Dash Diet – Egg – Healthy Breakfast Recipes – Healthy Dinner Recipes – Healthy Recipes – Low Fat Recipes – Main Dishes – Stir Fry – Vegetable