Fresh Tomato, Sausage, and Pecorino Pasta
Although this simple pasta dish requires a bit of ingredients, it’s certainly worth. Ripe, late-summer tomatoes are juicy and delicious in this pasta dish, with no seeding or peeling necessary. It was really tasty and not heavy at all. The added basil really pops, enhancing the flavor. This basic pasta only took 40 minutes from start to table. To make this fast, slice onion, chop tomatoes and trim green beans while the pasta is cooking.
Total Time: 40 Minutes
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving (about 2 cups pasta mixture, 1 Tbsp. cheese, and 1 Tbsp. basil): 389 Calories, 21.6 g. Protein, 53.5 g. Carbohydrates, 4.5 g. Dietary Fiber, 10.7 g. Fat (4 g. Sat Fat, 4.5 g. Mono Fat), 27 mg. Cholesterol, 3.3 mg. Iron, 595 mg. Sodium, 159 mg. Calcium
- 8 oz. of uncooked penne
- 8 oz. of sweet Italian sausage
- 2 tsp. of olive oil
- 1 cup of vertically sliced onion
- 2 tsp. of minced garlic
- 1 1/4 lb. of tomatoes, chopped
- 6 Tbsp. of grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese, divided
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 1/8 tsp. of black pepper
- 1/4 cup of torn fresh basil leaves
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat, drain.
- Heat oil in large-sized non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove casings from sausage. Add sausage and onion to pan, cook about 4 mins, stirring to crumble sausage.
- Add garlic, cook about 2 mins.
- Stir in tomatoes, cook about 2 mins.
- Remove from heat, stir in pasta, 2 Tbsp. of cheese, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese and basil.
The cheese in this quick and healthy dish is the key to the balance of flavors. For the biggest impact, make sure to use imported Italian cheese….
Vegetarian Tomato Basil Pasta with Asiago Cheese
This is a quick pasta dish for vegetarians who don’t eat meat substitutes and don’t have a lot of time or vegetables on hand….
Quick Spinach and Tomato Pasta
While the pasta is cooking, whip up this vegetable-rich sauce for dinner in 20 minutes or less. Serve with a garden salad for perfect meal….
Pasta with Tomato and Hidden Veg Sauce
Get your kids to eat more vegetable with this tasty and healthy pasta dish which counts as 5 of your 5-a-day. The sauce is freezable too. …
Sun-dried Tomato and Walnut Penne Pasta
The sun dried tomatoes add a decadent and gourmet flavor to this pasta dish, but the preparation and ingredients are simple and easy….
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories – Onion – Sausage – Stir Fry – Tomato