Fettuccine with Shiitake Mushrooms and Basil
This fresh-tasting whole-wheat pasta dish is dressed up with mushrooms, basil, garlic and lemon zest. This dish is also quick, easy to make and flavorful, definitely a Spring meal. To get the simple-yet-divine recipe.
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving (1 1/2 cups each): 311 Calories, 13 g. Protein, 44 g. Carbohydrates, 0 g added sugars, 8 g. Dietary Fiber, 11 g. fat ( 3 g. sat , 6 g. mono ), 9 mg. Cholesterol, 307 mg. Sodium, 125 mg. Potassium
Nutrition Bonus: Fiber (28% daily value), Calcium (14% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 21/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat
- 2 Tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 oz. of shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tsp. of freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. of lemon juice, juice
- 1/4 tsp. of salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 oz. of whole-wheat fettuccine, or spaghetti
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, (about 1 oz.)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- Bring a large-size pot of lightly salted water to a boil for cooking pasta.
- In large-size non-stick skillet over low heat, heat oil and cook garlic, stirring, about 1 min, until fragrant but not browned.
- Add mushrooms and increase heat to medium-high, cook, stirring occasionally, about 4-5 min, until tender and lightly browned.
- Stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking liquid.
- Add pasta, reserved cooking liquid, Parmesan and 1/4 cup of basil to mushrooms in skillet, toss to coat well. Serve immediately, garnished with remaining basil.
- Tip: Whole-wheat pastas are higher in fiber than white pastas. They can be found in health-food stores and some large supermarkets.
Source : EatingWell
This Creamy Fettuccine with Brussels Sprouts and Mushrooms is a creamy, rich and filling dish for everyone. This dish is also quick and easy to throw together for a weeknight dinner….
Vegetarian Tomato Basil Pasta with Asiago Cheese
This is a quick pasta dish for vegetarians who don’t eat meat substitutes and don’t have a lot of time or vegetables on hand….
Basil Chicken over Angel Hair Pasta
Cubed chicken breast is simmered in a peppery tomato-basil sauce and tossed with fine strands of angel hair pasta. …
Ginger-Marinated Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
Portobello mushrooms are larger size and firmer texture. Because of this, they’re good candidates for stuffing or grilling. They have a satisfying taste and texture with low in Sodium…
Basic Beef Stew with Carrots and Mushrooms
This classic beef stew recipe has all you expect in beef stew, super tender chunks of beef, carrots cook to perfection, absorbing the beef flavor and keeping its sweetness at the same time,…
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories – Stir Fry