Favorite Pasta Salad
This zesty pasta salad is great for whipping up something for summer lunchbox when there is not much around the house. It is also a simple, low in fat and super-quick. Ready in 22 minutes or less.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 292 Calories, 10 g. Protein, 51 g. Carbohydrates, 3 g. added Sugars, 4 g. Dietary Fiber, 7 g. Fat (1 g. sat), 0.02 g. Salt
- 250 grams (8.8 ounces) of pasta shapes
- 140 grams (5 ounces) of frozen peas
- Pack parsley , chopped
- Small pack chives , snipped
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- Extra ingredients (see ideas below)
- Cook pasta according to pack instructions, adding the peas for final 2 minutes cooking time. Drain, rinse with cold water to cool, then drain again.
- Tip into a bowl with chopped herbs, lemon zest and juice, olive oil and plenty of seasoning and mix well.
- Cover and chill, spooning out portions as and when. If you’re making this for one person, by days 3 and 4 you’ll need to stir in a little olive oil or something creamy to loosen the pasta.
4 ways to vary it
- Add chunks of ham, salami or leftover cooked chicken.
- Flake in hot-smoked salmon or smoked mackerel.
- Add sundried tomatoes, olives or roasted peppers.
- Top with crisp bacon.
Source : BBCGoodFood
This minestrone pasta pot is tasty, filling and easy to make. Ready to serve in 35 minutes or less. …
Pasta with Tomato and Hidden Veg Sauce
Get your kids to eat more vegetable with this tasty and healthy pasta dish which counts as 5 of your 5-a-day. The sauce is freezable too. …
Tuna Arrabbiata Pasta Gratin
This wholesome and filling pasta bake makes the perfect winter comfort food with none of the guilt. This simple healthy dish is great with a green salad and a bottle of red….
Hearty Pasta Soup
This filling soup is high in fiber, low in fat and full of vegetable. It is ready to serve in 30 minutes or less. serve with garlic bread for a great standy by dinner or lunch….
Vegetarian Tomato Basil Pasta with Asiago Cheese
This is a quick pasta dish for vegetarians who don’t eat meat substitutes and don’t have a lot of time or vegetables on hand….
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories