Farfalle with Creamy Wild Mushroom Sauce
This farfalle recipe is amazingly quick to make and really restaurant quality. The exotic mushroom blend, a combination of shiitake, cremini, and oyster mushrooms – each bite brings a slightly different burst of hearty, rich flavor, is sold in eight-ounce packages. If unavailable, you can use all cremini mushrooms. The best part of this simple dish is it low in fat!
(Make 8 serves)
Amount Per Serving (1 1/4 cups): 336 Calories, 12.1 g. Protein, 47.5 g. Carbohydrates, 2.3 g. Dietary Fiber, 11.4 g. Fat (6.9 g. sat fat, 3.1 g. mono fat, 0.4 g. poly fat), 36 mg. Cholesterol, 2.3 mg. Iron, 577 mg. Sodium, 124 mg. Calcium
- 1 lb. of uncooked farfalle (bow tie pasta)
- 1 Tbsp. of butter
- 12 oz. of presliced exotic mushroom blend (or cremini mushrooms)
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 1/3 cup of finely chopped shallots
- 1 Tbsp. of minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp. of salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- 2/3 cup of whipping cream
- 1/2 cup of grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (about 2 oz.)
- 2 Tbsp. of chopped fresh parsley
- Minced fresh parsley (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat, drain well.
- Melt butter in large-sized non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion, shallots, garlic, 1 tsp. of salt, and pepper, cook until liquid evaporates and mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally, about 12 mins.
- Add wine, cook until liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally, about 2 mins. Remove from heat.
- Add cooked pasta, whipping cream, cheese, and 2 Tbsp. of parsley, tossing gently to coat. Stir in remaining 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- Garnish with minced fresh parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
Source : CookingLight
This soup is hearty without being heavy. Wild rice, chicken and mushroom are great combo for soup. Graeat for a cold winter’s night and very easy to make. …
Herby Mushroom Pasta
A quick, healthy idea for a midweek supper. Mushrooms are nutrient rich and contain those friendly little anti-oxidants. …
Creamy Fettuccine with Brussels Sprouts and Mushrooms
This Creamy Fettuccine with Brussels Sprouts and Mushrooms is a creamy, rich and filling dish for everyone. This dish is also quick and easy to throw together for a weeknight dinner….
Mushroom and Herb Omelet
You can get fancy and use wild mushrooms, but it’s much more economical and equally satisfying to make them with cultivated creminis or white button mushrooms….
Fra Diavolo Sauce With Pasta
A daring dash of red pepper flakes gives off a spicy heat in this marvelous tomato garlic sauce with shrimp and scallops. Stir in a bit of parsley and serve over hot linguine. …
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories – Mushroom – Onion – Pasta – Shallot