Elise’s Sesame Noodles
Whole-wheat pasta bolsters fiber and nutrients in this popular Asian noodle salad. This super-easy dish is awesome for leftovers as well. Ready in 40 minutes. Perfect for a great dinner after a long day at work. The recipe is from Annelise Stuart of Germantown, New York.
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
(Make 8 serves)
Amount Per Serving (about 1 1/2 cups each): 345 Calories, 12 g. Protein, 51 g. Carbohydrates, 0 g added sugars, 10 g. Dietary Fiber, 12 g. fat ( 2 g. sat , 5 g. mono ), 0 mg. Cholesterol, 542 mg. Sodium, 336 mg. Potassium
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (100% daily value), Fiber (40% dv), Vitamin A (40% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 fat
- 1 lb. of whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1/2 cup of reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. of sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. of canola oil
- 2 Tbsp. of rice-wine vinegar, or lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced, divided
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro, divided (optional)
- 4 cups of snow peas, trimmed and sliced on the bias
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of toasted sesame seeds
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile, whisk soy sauce, sesame oil, canola oil, vinegar (or lime juice), crushed red pepper, 1/4 cup of scallions and 2 Tbsp. of cilantro (if using).
- Add noodles, snow peas and bell pepper, toss to coat.
- To serve, mix in sesame seeds and garnish with remaining scallions and cilantro.
Source : EatingWell
Shrimp is a favorite at my house and this recipe is so delish and easy way to serve it up, just coat them in a simple batter, cook them in a little oil and toss with a tangy sesame-orange sauce. …
Stir-Fried Noodles with Green Tea
This Stir-Fried Noodles with Green Tea made with baked tofu, bell peppers, scallions and stir-fried with udon noodles. You can increase fiber by Add any vegetables of your choice. …
Hoisin Beef and Edamame Noodles
Sweet hoisin sauce and tangy lime juice balance perfectly in this quick, colorful, Asian-inspired noodle dish….
This spicy specialty of Singapore uses a mixture of Chinese ingredients and Indian spices to create a distinctive and delicious stir-fried noodle dish….
Peanut Noodles with Shredded Chicken and Vegetables
This budget-friendly is so quick, easy to make and great way to use leftover chicken. This is also fine without and meat at all….
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories – Stir Fry