Egg White Omelette
This Egg white omelette is delicious, light and filling. It is also low in saturated fat, gluten free and high in quality protein for repair plus it is contains half the calories of a traditional whole egg omelette. If you are trying to lose weight this dish is the better way to go.
(Make 1 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 250 Calories, 28 g. Protein, 6 g. Carbohydrates, 10 g. Fat
- 150 grams (about 5 oz.) of mushrooms ( shiitake, swiss brown, button)
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 shallots (spring onions) sliced
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 organic / free range egg whites
- 50 grams (about 1.7 oz.) of ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1/4 avocado
- Handful rocket leaves mixed with cold pressed olive oil + lemon juice
- Saute the mushrooms in a little olive oil until golden in 20cm (8-inch) cast iron pan over medium heat.
- Add tomato and shallot, cook until heat through.
- Beat the egg whites and pepper until frothy and pour over the mushrooms.
- Add ricotta or cottage cheese.
- Bake in a hot 200 degrees C (about 400 degrees F) oven for 5 minutes until golden and souflee like. Remove from the oven and top with rocket leaves and avocado.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Source : Teresa Cutter
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories – Dash Diet – Diabetes Recipes – Egg – Healthy Breakfast Recipes – Healthy Dinner Recipes – Healthy Recipes – Heart Healthy Recipes – Low Fat Recipes – Main Dishes – Stir Fry – Vegetable