Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
This zesty Cajun-style pasta is a pretty easy to make and versatile. The peppers and onions add a soft crunch to the pasta. You can serve quick-dish in 30 minutes or less. This meal is perfect with sautéed green beans.
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
(Make 6 serves)
Amount Per Serving (about 1 1/2 cups each): 329 Calories, 25 g. Protein, 43 g. Carbohydrates, 0 g. added Sugars, 6 g. Dietary Fiber, 8 g. Fat ( 2 g. sat , 3 g. mono ), 50 mg. Cholesterol, 656 mg. Sodium, 691 mg. Potassium
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (53% daily value), Vitamin A (23% dv), Iron (21% dv), Magnesium & Potassium (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 2 lean meat, 1 fat
- 8 oz. of whole-wheat fusilli or rotini
- 1 Tbsp. of canola oil
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tsp. of Cajun seasoning (see Tip)
- 1/2 tsp. of freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. of all-purpose flour
- 1 can (28 oz.) of crushed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup of reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup of sliced scallions for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook bacon and onion, stirring occasionally, about 2 min until beginning to brown.
- Add chicken, bell pepper, garlic, Cajun seasoning and pepper. Cook stirring, about 4 min until onion and bell pepper are beginning to soften.
- Add flour and stir to coat.
- Add tomatoes and their juice; bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring often, about 2 min until sauce is bubbling and thickened and chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream.
- Stir pasta into sauce. Serve sprinkled with scallions, if desired.
- Tip: We used a Cajun spice blend that contains salt. If you have a blend without salt (check the ingredients label), season the sauce with salt to taste.
Source : EatingWell
This perfect summer dish made with a garlic, lemon, Middle Eastern-inspired yogurt sauce with pasta, shrimp, peas, red bell pepper and asparagus….
Pesto Pasta with Chicken
This Pesto Pasta with Chicken is easy to make and delicious pasta with chicken, sun-dried tomatoes and pesto sauce. Use as little pesto sauce as you like. Serve with crusty bread and salad….
Basil Chicken over Angel Hair Pasta
Cubed chicken breast is simmered in a peppery tomato-basil sauce and tossed with fine strands of angel hair pasta. …
Greek Chicken Pasta
For a great weeknight dinner that takes just minutes to make, simply saute garlic, onion and tender strips of chicken. Add artichoke hearts, tomato, feta cheese, parsley, lemon juice and oregano…
Fra Diavolo Sauce With Pasta
A daring dash of red pepper flakes gives off a spicy heat in this marvelous tomato garlic sauce with shrimp and scallops. Stir in a bit of parsley and serve over hot linguine. …
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories – Stir Fry