Citrus Rice Pudding
If you don’t like extremely sweet things. This light and lemony dessert is suitable for you. It made with vanilla beans that contain a myriad tiny black seeds which impart their full flavor to both sweet and savory dishes.
Prep time: 15 minutes (Plus standing time)
Cook time: 1 hour 10 minutes
(Make 8 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 261 Calories, 31.7 g. Carbohydrates, 0.2 g. Dietary Fiber, 4.8 g. Fat, 1.7 g. Saturated Fat
- 2 cups of no-fat milk
- 1 vanilla bean, halved lengthways
- 1 tsp. of finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tsp. of finely grated lime rind
- 2 tsp. of finely grated orange rind
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup of caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked doongara rice
- 1/2 cup of low-fat cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. grease shallow oval 6 cups ovenproof dish.
- In medium-size saucepan, combine milk, vanilla bean and rinds, bring to a boil. Remove from heat, let stand, covered, about 5 min.
- Meanwhile, in medium-size bowl, whisk eggs, egg white and sugar. Gradually whisk hot milk mixture into egg mixture, discard vanilla bean.
- Spread rice into prepared dish, carefully pour egg mixture over rice. Place dish in large baking dish, add enough boiling water to baking dish to come halfway up side of pudding dish.
- Bake, uncovered, in oven until set (about 1 hour). Serve warm with low-fat cream.
Source : Women’s Weekly
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories – Bake – Dash Diet – Diabetes Recipes – Egg – Healthy Dessert Recipes – Healthy Recipes – Healthy Snack Recipes – Low Fat Recipes – Rice and Grains