This spicy tandoori chicken from India is marinated in yogurt, lemon juice, and plenty of spices, then broiled or grilled to add a layer of smoky flavor. Plan ahead. Serve with rice and a simple, cooling yogurt sauce.
Total time: 40 minutes
(Make 4 servings)
Amount Per Serving: 237 Calories, 30 g. Protein, 8 g. Carbohydrates, 2 g. Dietary Fiber, 9 g. fat (2 g. sat), 115 mg. Cholesterol, 1,266 mg. Sodium
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 2 1/2 lb.)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. of plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. of vegetable oil
- 1/2 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 2-inch piece ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 tsp. of tomato paste
- 2 tsp. of ground coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp. of ground cumin
- 1 3/4 tsp. of hot paprika
- 2 Tbsp. of chopped fresh cilantro
- Cooked rice, for serving (optional)
- Preheat broiler.
- Using sharp knife, make shallow cuts in chicken thighs. Toss chicken with lemon juice and 1 1/2 tsp. of salt in large-sized bowl.
- In blender or food processor, pulse 2 Tbsp. of yogurt, oil, onion, garlic, ginger, tomato paste, coriander, cumin, 1 1/2 tsp. of paprika and 1/2 tdp. of salt to make a paste.
- Toss chicken in mixture and let marinate for about 15 mins.
- Place chicken on foil-lined broiler pan. Broil, turning once, for about 5-6 mins per side, until slightly charred and thermometer inserted into the center registers 165 degrees F.
- Meanwhile chicken is cooking, in medium-sized bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup of yogurt and 1/4 tsp. of paprika, cilantro and a pinch of salt.
- To serve, top chicken with yogurt sauce and serve with rice, if desired.
Source : Food Network
Chicken breast fillets are marinated in tikka masala curry paste and low-fat yogurt, grilled, tossed with yogurt mixture over pita before rolled to enclosed the filling. …
Asian Chicken and Melon Salad
This is a colorful, refreshing and delicious salad. It comes together quickly and easily. Make this tasty Asian inspired chicken salad in under 30 minutes….
Roasted Chicken and Bow Tie Pasta Salad
This simple dish is made with tender chicken, chewy pasta, juicy grapes, crunchy celery, green onions, and parsley in a zesty orange dressing….
Chicken Black Bean Salsa Burritos
This Chicken Black Bean Salsa Burritos is a good source of calcium which keeps bones and teeth strong. Serve With Embellish your burritos with sour cream or salsa, if you like. …
Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup with Chicken
This soup is hearty without being heavy. Wild rice, chicken and mushroom are great combo for soup. Graeat for a cold winter’s night and very easy to make. …
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories – Cilantro – Ginger – Grilling – Lemon – Onion – Yogurt