Beef and Vegetable Kebabs
This colorful kebab is a better way to get vegetables on the plate in a fun and creative way. You can prepare them year-round with the broiler, but if the weather’s nice, fire up the grill instead. Marinating meat before grilling not only adds flavor but also reduces the chance that cancer-causing substances will form on the meat during grilling. Marinating also helps keep meat from burning and charring.
(Make 2 servings)
Amount Per Serving: 330 Calories, 22 g. Protein, 48 g. Carbohydrates, 4 g. Dietary Fiber, 2 g. fat (2 g. sat , 2 g. mono), 50 mg. Cholesterol, 370 mg. Sodium
- 1/2 cup of brown rice
- 2 cups of water
- 4 oz. of top sirloin (choice)
- 3 Tbsp. of fat-free Italian dressing
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut into 4 pieces
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small onion, cut into 4 wedges
- 2 wooden skewers
- Place 2 wooden skewers in medium-sized bowl of water to soak.
- Combine rice and water in medium-sized saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 30-45 mins, until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender. Add more water if necessary to keep the rice from drying out. Transfer to small-sized bowl to keep warm.
- Cut meat into 4 equal portions. Put meat in small-sized bowl and pour Italian dressing over the top. Put in refrigerator for at least 20 mins to marinate, turning as needed.
- Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill or a broiler. Away from the heat source, lightly coat the grill rack or broiler pan with cooking spray. Position the cooking rack 4-6 inches from the heat source.
- Thread 2 cubes of meat, 2 green pepper slices, 2 cherry tomatoes and 2 onion wedges onto each skewer.
- Place kebabs on the grill rack or broiler pan. Grill or broil kebabs for about 5-10 minutes, turning as needed.
- Divide rice onto individual plates. Top with 1 kebab and serve immediately.
Source : MayoClinic
No related recipes.
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories – Onion – Tomato