Asparagus and Chicken Carbonara
This light version of chicken carbonara is made with egg substitute and fat-free evaporated milk. It is not only delicious, it is also lower in fat and calories than traditional pasta carbonara that loaded with raw egg yolks and whipping cream. Serve this creamy pasta immediately, if it stands, the sauce can become too thick.
(Make 5 serves)
Amount Per Serving (about 1 1/4 cups): 416 Calories, 34.7 g. Protein, 41.9 g. Carbohydrates, 3.1 g. Dietary Fiber, 10.8 g. Fat (3.7 g. sat fat, 4.4 g. mono fat, 2 g. poly fat), 60 mg. Cholesterol, 3.4 mg. Iron, 700 mg. Sodium, 236 mg. Calcium
- 8 oz. of uncooked spaghetti
- 2 cups (1-inch) of slices asparagus (about 3/4 lb.)
- 1/2 cup of egg substitute
- 1/2 cup of evaporated fat-free milk
- 2 tsp. of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 1/4 cup of dry vermouth
- 2 cups of chopped skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast meat
- 1/2 cup of grated fresh Parmesan cheese (about 2 oz.)
- 3 Tbsp. of finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Cook pasta in boiling water for about 10 mins or until al dente, add asparagus during final 2 mins of cooking. Drain pasta mixture in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/3 cup of cooking liquid.
- Combine reserved cooking liquid, egg substitute, and milk, stirring with a whisk.
- Heat oil in large-sized non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for about 2 mins.
- Add vermouth, cook for about 1 min.
- Add pasta mixture, stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Stir in milk mixture, chicken, and cheese.
- Place pan over medium heat, and cook for about 4 mins, until slightly thick, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Stir in parsley, salt, pepper, and bacon. Serve immediately.
Source : EatingWell
The roasted asparagus and the caramelized tomatoes are splendid combined with the honey laced dressing that the penne pasta is tossed with….
Pasta with Asparagus, Pancetta, and Pine Nuts
This is a satisfying dish that’s easy to prepare. The bright flavor that lemon juice and fresh asparagus bring to this recipe is excellent for weeknight meal. …
Chicken with Yellow Lentils Soup
Warm yourself up with a nice healthy Chicken with Yellow Lentils Soup. If you like smooth soup, you can pure the soup in a blender or food processor. …
Cream of Asparagus Soup
A cream of asparagus soup with asparagus and milk, along with butter and seasonings. This soup is really easy to make and tastes so good. It is full of flavor …
Green Minestrone Soup
This BIG soup is a delicious, healthy, low fat soup, with the vitamins and iron from the vegetable. Spinach, chard and celery – this soup is a veritable sea of greens. …
Recipe Under : 400 Up Calories – Asparagus – Onion
Incoming search terms:
- Asparagus And Chicken Carbonara