American Macaroni Salad
This cold pasta salad is creamy, full of flavor and easy to prepare. It can be served in under 30 minutes. This meatless salad is made with fresh parsley, crunchy celery and a touch of red onion and is tossed with a smooth mayonnaise-dry mustard-sour cream dressing. Perfect for a BBQ, picnic, or 4th of July party. It is better the next day, too.
Total time: 30 minutes
(Make 6 servings)
Amount Per Serving: 286 Calories, 5 g. Protein, 28 g. Carbohydrates, 1 g. Dietary Fiber, 3 g. Sugar, 16.5 g. fat (3 g. sat), 10 mg. Cholesterol, 292 mg. Sodium
- 2 cups of dry elbow macaroni, cooked, rinsed, and drained
- 1/3 cup of diced celery
- 1/4 cup of minced red onion, soaked in cold water for 5 mins, drained
- 1 Tbsp. of minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup of diced vine-ripened tomato (optional)
- 1/2 cup of prepared mayonnaise
- 3/4 tsp. of dry mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp. of sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. of cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. of sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. of kosher salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine macaroni, celery, onion, parsley and tomato (if using) in large-sized bowl.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, vinegar, sour cream and salt in medium-sized bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve. Store covered in refrigerator, for up to 3 days.
Source : Food Network
This Chicken Salad Sandwich Mix contains whole grains. Eating plenty of whole grains may help protect you against many chronic diseases….
Roasted Chicken and Bow Tie Pasta Salad
This simple dish is made with tender chicken, chewy pasta, juicy grapes, crunchy celery, green onions, and parsley in a zesty orange dressing….
Root Vegetable Salad
This colorful salad looks fancy, but it is so easy to make. It will be ready and served in just a few minutes. It is also a better way to help get kids to eat more vegetables….
Broccoli and Everything Salad
Easy recipe. Use low fat or full fat for a crunchy tasty broccoli salad. Serve with whole wheat bread for a hearty meal….
Speedy Tuna Pasta Salad
This pasta salad is perfect for a lunchbox meal or when your kid is hungry and you need something quick and easy to get on the table….
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories – Celery – Onion – Tomato